Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Gender Statistics, how they are flawed.....

While I see thes statistics on average more than many who are not looking for them, I have to wonder if they are swayed by the fact that more women tend to recieve custody. This falls under the aspect of "fatherless statistics". .... When even taking statistics 101, or entry to psychology (ive read the text books, learning vicariously from my friends who are in college) the biggest concern for reading data like this is if there is an even playing feild.
The courts generally do give custody to mothers at an extremly higher rate then they give them to fathers. This gives an uneven outlook on these statistics. Could the factor be moreso the workings of sole custody rather than gender??

Without giving custody to fathers evenly we cannot base these numbers merely on gender. Our species is meant to raise children in a family setting, that includes grandparents, aunts, and uncles. Can our minds handle doing it alone??

Unfortunately studies to look into these situations more are not carried out. I can blame this moreso on the fact that our govt stands to make more money by not looking into this and staying on the current path of distruction. There is no money in intact families, there is even less money in equal parenting schedules. We have succumbed to our own government's greed and allowed them to destroy our families.

You can find this and more such comments here.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my blog - but, as I had written - I have even been told about extra money coming to me or my agency for adoptions. Therefore, I do not feel I should be lumped into that category. I hadn't even heard of such a system until Divotdawg told me about it. I absolutely agree that offering incentives for one type of permancy and not another could lead to serious issues and ethical violations. My only point is that not all agencies or social workers have such systems. Thanks again for your comment though - all are welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok... this is a bit out of context... unfortunately this is a federal system so yes all states do have this system through SS Title IV-E as its mandated by law....

    ReplyDelete